Beautiful Ink Ltd is the original developer of dry tattooing in the UK. Lisa (company director) offers training courses to teach others this specialist scar and stretch mark treatment, and she has trademarked MediTatu ® to bring the treatment to greater public recognition
Scar & Stretch Mark Treatments in Brighton & Manchester
Brighton – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday
Precise skin stimulation, wakening and re-healing
MediTatu ® dry tattooing micro needling essentially brings new life (blood) into damaged areas, and using a digital tattoo machine is a very quick way and precise way of making this happen
- No pigment is tattooed into your skin, the tattoo machine is running ‘dry’
- Numbing cream is used before and during treatment
- Treatments are surprisingly relaxing
- In depth initial consultation over the phone
- RegimA aftercare products to aid healing and boost results
- Suitable for all skin types and colours, white, black and Asian
What type of scar does MediTatu ® improve ?
- Stretch marks – Face lift – Tummy tuck – Acne scars – Burns
- Breast surgery (enlargement, reduction, uplift, FTM top, reconstructive)
- Other surgery, trauma and accident scars
What happens ?
- New tissue grows in the damaged skin
- Loose and sunken scars and stretch marks begin to fill and firm
- White, purple and red mis-coloured scars normalise
- Raised and bumpy scars smooth and flatten
- Gently break up tight, restricting and fibrous scar tissue
- Numb areas of burnt or scarred tissue can begin to have feeling
This cannot be a scar removal service, even surgery cannot promise this, however the look, feel and function of scarred tissue can be greatly improved
Finance available for MediTatu® Dry Tattooing – Improving Scars & Stretch Marks
What is MediTatu ® ?
MediTatu® is medical microneedling used to reduce scars, stretch marks, burns or deep lines and wrinkles. From my initial skin needling training I developed Dry Tattooing, becoming the first person in the UK to bring this successful scar and stretch mark treatment to the British public’s attention. Re-naming the treatment MediTatu ® I hope to reach an even wider audience, especially as I offer training courses and workshops
The treatment has been known within the medical community for almost 30 years as MCA Micro Needling, amongst others it’s used by dermatological and breast cancer nurses to improve scarring. However, it’s still relatively unheard of by those looking to salons and clinics for scar and stretch mark treatments
The reason this type of microneedling has remained unheard of is quite simple in my opinion, there was no machine to invent, and no millions to then spend advertising it. The digital tattoo machine used has already been invented, and used daily by permanent makeup technicians. Dry tattooing is advanced training course; it’s considered a medical treatment
The photos and text on this website show my understanding of the treatments, my ability and the results achieved for my clients. The only people offering comparable results will be someone trained by me – Training Courses & Workshops
How does it compare to other forms of skin needling
Dry tattooing is the most precise and intense form of skin needling you can get. It’s not so much the depth of needle, but how much skin is gently woken by it, yet still leaving the surface intact i.e not overworked or removed
Camouflage Tattooing for Scars & Stretch Marks Using Skin Coloured Pigment
This not something I offer because long term I do not believe it works. Skin is translucent, the solid layer of pigment will not be. Pigment in the body changes colour, over time or sometimes as soon as it heals. Regular touch ups would be required to maintain a correct colour, and what then happens when the skin becomes full of pigment ?
I offer non-laser tattoo removal and I have seen and treated unsightly permanent makeup on many different types of scars and stretch marks. Dark brow colours tend to go even darker, light brown colours shades of yellow and violet
RégimA Skin Treatment or MediTatu ®
- Fresh Stretch Marks – RégimA Peel & Heal
- Stretch Marks 3 to 6 months old – Dry Tattoo
- Mature Stretch Marks – Dry Tattoo
- Fresh Scars (healed) – RégimA aftercare
- Scars 3 to 6 months old – Dry Tattoo (with approval)
- Mature Scars – Dry Tattoo
- Fresh Burn Scars (healed) – RégimA aftercare
- Burns 3 to 6 months old – Combination (with approval)
- Mature Burn Scars – Combination
Why Dry Tattooing Works
Using the same principles of causing growth of healthy new collagen as a derma roller, Dry Tattooing works on the specific areas of affected skin only i.e each wrinkle or stretch mark and only the scar. Areas that are not affected are not treated
My pen like digital tattoo machine cause blood to come into the treated area, without removing the top layers of skin. This blood essentially brings new life to the damage skin. Treatment times can be surprisingly quick, and numbing creams are used before and during the treatment, so pain is not something you need to worry about
Frequently Asked Questions
How soon can you dry tattoo scars/stretch marks ?
My scars/stretch marks are 10+ years old…
Dry tattooing improves scars and stretch marks no matter how old they are
Does it hurt ?
Effective numbing creams are used and re-applied during the session as required. Please remember, I also tattoo ladies faces with permanent makeup and my clients are surprised how relaxing these treatments can be
What areas can be treated ?
Most of the body can be treated
What scars cannot be treated ?
Active keloid scars. Keloid scars are raised and grow outside the boundary of the original wound. Not all raised scars are keloid, hypertrophic scars are also raised but stay within the boundary of the original wound. Active keloids are still growing, inactive keloids have not grown for more than a year and the centre of the scar has become a more normal skin colour. Dry tattooing inactive keloids can be carries out with caution
How long before I see any results ?
New collagen starts growing about 3 weeks after a treatment, and the continues to develop over the coming weeks and months
How many treatments and how long between ?
Three treatments are recommended, the second session 4 to 6 weeks after the first, the third 6 to 8 weeks later. After the three treatments I suggest waiting at least 4 to 6 months before deciding if any more treatments are needed
How long does the effect last ?
For scars, burns and stretch marks the results are permanent. The new smoother skin will not revert, however the natural ageing process will not be stopped. For wrinkles and loose skin, maintenance treatments should be considered
What will the area look like after a Dry Tattooing treatment?
After treatment the area will look very red, a bit cat scratched and some areas, such as stretch marks, will have some swelling. This lasts a few days and the skin then goes through a more natural and gentle healing process
Skin needling cannot be performed on:
- Any open or active spots or wounds, active herpes outbreaks, warts or any other acute infection or inflammation of the skin,
And is not recommended for those with the following:
- Blood clotting problems, poor healing, skin malignancies, raised moles, open cuts or wounds
Using RegimA aftercare the following can be treated:
- Skin prone to hyperpigmentation – Post Peel/Post Laser Gel